14 May 2011

Dreams: Blue City Skyline

Between hairclip organizers and travel jewelry rolls, between curvy clutches... I have produced this linen pouch. Despite all the things I have in my to do list I couldn't help it.

The inspiration comes in different ways. To me it sometimes happens during night, while I am sleeping. The ideas go into my dreams. It may sound a bit bizarre but I swear it happens, not often though, that would be great.

This has been the case for this pouch. Well, not the pouch as such but the applique. I dreamed about it the other day and, when I got up, I drew it on my notebook to remember it. Finally, I decided it could be a perfect design for a cosmetic pouch. And here it is, a dream came true!


I can imagine this design is inspired by the Madrid skyline that I can see in my way to Madrid in the mornings. That is why I called it Blue City Skyline.


Entre organizadores de horquillas y joyeros de viaje, entre bolsos de mano... se ha colado este neceser. A pesar de todas las cosas que tengo en mi lista, no podía esperar.


La inspiración llega en momentos y formas diferentes. A mí, a veces, me llega por la noche, mientras duermo. Las ideas se cuelan en mis sueños. Y no lo digo para parecer interesante, nada de eso. Tampoco me pasa tan a menudo pero, de vez en cuando, me levanto por la mañana recordando un sueño que he tenido, sobre algún bolso o una idea. Y en esos casos no puedo evitar ponerme a hacerlo poco después, no sea que la idea se evapore. Por si acaso yo la apunto en mi cuaderno.


Esto es lo que ha pasado con este neceser. Mejor dicho, no con el neceser en sí, sino más bien con el diseño del aplique.
Seguramente está inspirado en la línea del horizonte de Madrid, que veo por las mañanas cuando bajo a la ciudad. Los edificios recortados en el cielo, con el sol ya saliendo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...