22 June 2011

Denim bag

I've been quiet lately when it comes to blogging about bags, pouches or any of my creations. I have been a little bit busy cleaning up my sewing corner, which was getting quite messy. In parallel I have been sewing also, although I have not finished yet most of the things I have started.

This is the first bag ready to be shown. One of my friends asked me to make a bag in denim and turquoise. And this is my answer to that custom order.
It is a versatile bag, which combines with everything. Besides it is reversible, so you have endless possibilities to combine it with your clothes or... your mood.


I have added some personal touches to avoid getting a boring bag. In the first place I have used a bias tape in aqua, which adds the vibrant point to the denim side. Secondly, I have also added a geometrical design in one of the handles, using the sashiko technique, in the same color range.


I love the result! I love it that much that I am thinking already about the next ones that I will produce, in different colors and prints :)


Hacía ya mucho tiempo que no publicaba nada sobre bolsos, neceseres o alguna de mis creaciones. He dedicado unos días a organizar un poco mi rincón de costura, que empezaba a ser bastante caótico. En paralelo he seguido haciendo cosillas, aunque no he llegado a terminar muchas de ellas todavía.


Este bolso es el primero que ve la luz. Una amiga me encargó hacerle un bolso con tela vaquera y forro en turquesa. Y este es el resultado.
Es un bolso muy neutro, que combina con cualquier cosa. Además, tiene la ventaja de ser reversible, con lo que las posibilidades de combinación se multiplican.




Para darle un toque especial y que no resultase demasiado soso le he puesto un bies en tono turquesa. Así el lado vaquero tiene ese puntito que necesitaba.
Y para no dejarlo solamente ahí le he añadido un detalle en una de las asas. Un diseño geométrico hecho en sashiko, con hilo de bordar también en tono turquesa.


Me gusta mucho! Tanto que ya le estoy dando vueltas a los siguientes que voy a hacer :)

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 22, 2011

    Sashiko, sou uma admiradora! Resultou muito bem, meus parabéns! Estou curiosa em ver o teu canto (rincón) de costura :))

    Bjs

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...