6 March 2011

Fabric bookmarks

Knowing myself, when I saw this idea in Kireei blog I knew that I had to try it inmediately. As soon as I had some time I selected some scraps from my stash, combined them and here they are, my fabric bookmarks!



I made two, one for my son and another one for my daughter. You know, in these cases you need to make one for each of them if you want to avoid the corresponding fight otherwise.
They are absolutely happy with their new bookmarks. Even though they like reading quite a lot and they do it every day it is still a very good way to encourage the habit of reading.

These bookmarks are pretty fast to make, very easy and, furthermore, you can use your fabric scraps. It is the perfect project for a rainy afternoon.
I followed the tutorial, but added also a layer of fusible interfacing to make them a bit stiffer.




Conociéndome, sabía que tenía que probar esta idea nada más verla en el blog Kireei. En cuanto he tenido un rato libre, he seleccionado unos retales, los he combinado y cosido y, aquí están, mis marcapáginas de tela!
He hecho dos, uno para mi hijo y otro para mi hija. En estos casos es obvio que hay que hacer uno para cada uno si quieres ahorrarte una pelea segura.
Los dos están contentísimos con sus marcapáginas nuevos. Aunque les gusta mucho leer, y lo hacen cada día, no está de más y es una muy buena manera de fomentar la lectura.


Estos marcadores son facílisimos y muy rápidos de hacer, además, puedes usar retales, y así les das salida a esos trozos pequeños que no sabes para qué usar pero que te da pena tirar (a mí me pasa, al menos, guardo hasta el más mínimo trocito). Es el proyecto perfecto para pasar un rato entretenido.
He seguido el tutorial, con un único cambio, y es que he añadido un capa de entretela para que sean un poco más rígidos.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea Rocio! They look beautiful. And you are featured over at creJJtion. Have a great week,
    love Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encantan, esta tarde mismo me hago un par. Gracias por el link

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...